Friday, August 22, 2008

It's the final countdown

One week left at home and it seems utterly surreal. Flying out of Philadelphia International Airport next Friday! There are eleven girls from Bucknell going this semester, (9 for the group flight over) a pretty small group for the program, which I'm sure will be a wonderful thing, especially during our special weekend trips. Every few weeks, we will travel as a group to places like Paris, Normandy, as well as some day trips to local châteaux.

Not much to say yet. Haven't started packing yet, but everything (I think) has been bought, including the gift for my host family.

Tomorrow I'm heading out to Bucknell to say goodbye (and hello first!) to friends and wish them a good semester. It'll be strange not being there for an entire semester, but I imagine I will return happy and refreshed. Did some more research on the university I will be attending and apparently of the 22,500 students, more than 2,000 of them are international students with over 119 nationalities represented! So even if the French people don't like me, maybe I can befriend a Russian and get in good with Putin. You never know!

No comments: