Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Culture Shock

Good days start with my host brother Augustin telling blond jokes, in English, for practice.

That said, this past weekend was in Normandy and I know a lot of you know that I was there, and I just want to say that the Normandy update is going to take me a long while to write because of the massive emotion and well, just everything there. But know that it's incredible and every American should go there. Actually, everyone in the world should go there.

Anyways, sorry I haven't updated in a while, this week has been mad already, so much do to before leaving for England on Friday, and mostly of the academic variety. How lame is that?

Today Caroline and I went the opera and saw Armida. The girl who played Armida was amazing, probably one of the best sopranos I have heard live in my life. Amazing. So was her last dress, sparkly, black, huge with hoops, open in the front, thigh high boots, and a red corset thing and swishy. With a collar.

Lame, sleepy post. Maybe you'll get a better one soon.
Goodnight!

No comments: